Monday, March 31, 2014

The Infinite Power of Hope 3/24/14

"Hope in God, His goodness, and His power refreshes us with courage during difficult challenges" - President Dieter F Uchrdorf

I would recommend that everyone look up this talk NOW!


Oh man, this week.... this week. This week was a week of ups and downs, miracles and discouragement, progress and set backs.

I want to tell you about a few people I was privileged to encounter this week...

First Brother Draper. This man is miracle! He went to jail for a little while and turned that experience into major blessing for him and his entire family. While he was in jail he read the Book of Mormon every day and a man who entered with no love for the Lord left a man who was dedicated to the Lord. While he was telling us his story it brought tears to my eyes. He, himself, strengthened my testimony that the Gospel can help ANYONE if they reach out to Him.

He has been talking to his family and now his daughter wants to be baptized! And the best part? He will be able to do it!

Second, the Black family! The father & mother are not active but are letting us teach their two boys. And yesterday the ENTIRE family came to church! The mom and dad along with all 6 kids! MIRACLES! I was jumping for joy when I saw each of them walk into sacrament!

Third, Travis Loyd! This man has had a tough situation. His 12 year old son died a few years back from cancer and his marriage is crumbling. We had a great chat with him which left him in tears. He was not in church yesterday but there was NO DENYING that he felt the spirit and it touched him enough to want us to come back!

Sadly, 1 hour is never enough but before I go I want each of you to study hope. Hope is what has been keeping me going this week... this transfer. Hope for a better situation, future or whatever is weighing on your hearts. I testify to each of you, that the Atonement of Christ is for YOU! He thought of your by name and you can throw anything at His feet. Anything. And He will help you.

Isaiah 41:10, "fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Never forget this. Never. Not for any reason.

All my love,
Sister Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment