Monday, March 31, 2014

Guess who is hitting 3 months in A WEEK?!?! Feb 3

What? What?! WHAT?! 3 months? 3 MONTHS! I have a hard time believe this. I feel like I was dropped off at the MTC this morning! Seriously...

Time is irrelevant on a mission. Days feel like weeks and weeks feel like a day... My mind is unable to understand.

Over this past week I have gained a better understand of God's love for me and for each of us. There were a handful of hard moments/days but it was a huge blessing now that I am able to take time to look back. For me, it is so hard to see people to hit rock bottom for them to finally humble themselves to the gospel. It's also difficult to have all of our appointments cancel or deliberately schedule during a time when they are not home. I will be honest, there where moments when I wonder, "Why am I even out here?", but that is EXACTLY when Heavenly Father sends us a little extra love. A feeling of calm/peace/love or someone will begin to progress. Tender mercies of the Lord. There is nothing better than seeing Heavenly Fathers hand in your life!

Guess who was asked to speak in Stake Conference next month? ME! I am SO nervous! I am giving a talk on Hastening the Work, so it should be an easy topic. I just need to take a lot of time to think it through and give the message the Lord wants. Pray for me! 

Oh! I can not believe I almost forgot to mention this! One of my ward mission leaders gave me a violin! =D Well, he didn't give it to me but he is letting me take it home and play it! OH MY GOODNESS! I am so happy! I will be performing a musical number in the ward sometime this month! So exciting!

Sadly, we didn't teach that many lessons this week so not many updates on people =( BUT! I did attach a picture of Sister Okano and I along with the view I get to see EVERY DAY! Be jealous.... be very jealous ;)

 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments. And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will. - Helaman 10:4&5


Much Love,
Sister Kent


No comments:

Post a Comment