Monday, March 31, 2014

"Miracles are a part of the gospel of Jesus Christ" march 3

Hello everyone!

It's p-day again! Can you believe it? Man, sometimes I honestly feel like I blink my eyes and a week has gone by!

I chose "Miracles are a part of the gospel of Jesus Christ" as the subject of this e-mail because this week I have truly seen miracles. Kristy Fugate is a less active I have been teaching since I entered the field, and let me tell you something.... she is the perfect example of someone accepting the Atonement of Jesus Christ and becoming healed. We met with her on Tuesday and when we left there was no dry eye in the home. I am pretty sure that we through an entire box of tissues.

To sum up everything, Kristy has had a tough time with trying to forgive herself and past choices she has made. But she told us that she has finally felt everything lifted from her. EVERYTHING! Guilt, sadness, shame, everything! As members of the church we have experienced this to some degree in our life. But to see someone who is trying their hardest to come back and move forward from their past finally feel the indescribable feeling of forgiveness.... Oh man, I will never be the same person again.

I immediately thought of 3 Nephi 17: 6 & 7 "And he said (Jesus Christ) unto them: Behold, my bowels are filled with compassion towards you. Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy."

Bring them hither and I will heal them. Even thought we do not have Jesus Christ standing in front of us, telling us Himself to come unto him, we can still feel that same compassion. Each and every one of us will experience tough times, by our own hands or by the hands of others, but NOTHING is bigger than the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Nothing. All we have to do is reach out to Him and accept Him to be healed. 

The other notable miracle would be that I am getting the hang of this training thing! Last week we were trying to find the church building where district meeting will be held and yes, I got lost. With a GPS. Yes Sister Okano, I am sorry. I did pull out the GPS =( Please forgive me! But this story has a happy ending. After being lost for about 15 mins, with a very unhelpful GPS, I somehow figured out the grid system enough to get us there in time! I have SO MANY moments like this where I would momentarily know or understand something that I shouldn't. Like the grid system. 

Even better! We will be in lesson and I will quote scripture without having read them or really knowing them. WHAT??! So many tender mercies of the Lord! I have left countless lessons over the past 2 weeks where I HAD NO IDEA that I knew a scripture I shared. Or being able to find a specific scripture in a lesson. I will remember a scripture I read months ago, having no earthly idea where it could possible be, and find it.

We can truly be uplifted in ways that we could not even imagine when we have faith in Jesus Christ. I can not even find the proper words to describe this past week! I know, understand and are able to teach things I feel like I should not even know. I think I have also started to understand the magnitude of this calling. We are often told that we have the spirit stronger and more abundantly as a missionary, but until the missionary experiences it it is hard to believe. The gift of discernment is a real thing.

This coming Saturday I will be giving my talk in Stake Conference, and I am almost looking forward to it. I would be lying to you if I said I was not scared (and that's the truth Tyler =P). But I had my Stake President read my first draft last night and he loved it. So that gave me more confidence.

Everyone, please please please remember Jesus Christ ALWAYS! Every day, every morning and night, and constantly throughout your day. NO ONE is above this. No one. 

I love each of you!
Sister Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment