Monday, March 31, 2014

Patience, faith, hope and humility feb 10

Hello everyone! Again we meet on this lovely P-day! =D

Patience, faith hope and humility have surely been the theme of this past week with an emphasis on patience. The past couple of days have been JAM PACKED with spiritual and personal growth. Lots of tears and growing pains but I can look back and be thankful!  "...for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." Right? =)

Get ready! Because I am going to share all of my new gained knowledge with you! Grab a snack and enjoy the ride!

Patience:
  • "Life is full of difficulties, some minor & others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one & all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solution to such challenges, forgetting that frequently the Heavenly Virtue of Patience is REQUIRED." - President Thomas S. Monson
  • "We must be patient with all people, yourself included, as you work to overcome faults & weaknesses." Preach my Gospel
  • "...I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions" - Mosiah 24:14
  • "Oh Lord, my heart us exceedingly sorrowful; wilt thou comfort my soul in Christ O Lord, wilt thou grant unto me that I may suffer with patience there afflictions..." - Alma 31:31
These are just a few of the quotes and scriptures that I found and read this past week. It honestly did not cross my mind that patience if a heavenly virtue (which is silly because it is under Christlike attributes in Preach My Gospel). And not until I was studying patience did I realize that faith, hope and patience are interwoven. You might have known this but it really hit me hard. Think about it.... Because of our faith in Jesus Christ we can hope for so much more in our life! And because of that hope we can have patience in life.

Honestly, I love being a missionary but we come across some serious and hard situations every single day. If I didn't have faith in Jesus Christ I couldn't help anyone. I couldn't help them hope for a better and brighter future in Christ because of His atonement. And I most definitely couldn't help them be patient in their trials.

  • "Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion ( replace Zion with anything that is weighing you down) ;for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God" - D&C 101:16
This is also a scripture that I have grown to love. "...for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I AM GOD." So powerful. So powerful. Simple and true. Even though I am not with you at this very moment in time I can testify to each of you that you are in the hands of God. There is NO BETTER promise. Because of this we can press forward step by step, moment by moment and day by day.

Humility:
  • "Humility is the willingness to submit to the will of the lordand to give the Lord Honor for what is accomplished." - Preach my Gospel
  • "It includes gratitude for His blessings andacknowledgement for yourconstant need for HIS DIVINE HELP." - Preach My Gospel
  • "Humility is not a sign of weakness; it is a sign ofspiritual strength." - Preach my Gospel
  • "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all man that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I MAKE WEAK THINGS BECOME STRONG unto them." Ether 12:27
Ether 12:27 is a scripture I have read many times before but I do not think I really got it until now. I want to focus on what I put in red. I make weak things become strong. Really think about it. I make weak things become strong. Heavenly Father has promised us that he will make us strong if we have faith. Because of this, I personal am able to have more patience. Now, I am not perfect at this! Not by a long shot, but having this understanding makes it so much easier to be patience.

Every Christlike attribute, principle and doctrine, if understood, can give us added strength and power that we can get NOWHERE else. I encourage each of you, every day, seek Heavenly Fathers guidance.

  • "Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ys shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -3 Nephi 14:7 
  • "Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be places unto the Lord forever. Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day" Alma 37:36&37
I hope something in here as stuck out to you and has touched your heart like it has mine. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is FILLED with many gems of knowledge waiting to be discovered. We are here in this life to grow, gain experience and to learn. Please, each of you, take every second and moment as a learning opportunity. I can promise you that they are there waiting for you!

Never forget that I love each and every one of you! Each of you, personally and individually, have a place in my heart. 3 months down and 15 more to go. 15 short months. See each of you in a blink of an eye!

All my Love,
Sister Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment