Monday, March 31, 2014

Guess who is driving a Chevy Malibu?! Jan 27

This gal right here! Haha, we got it Thursday and Sister Okano and I are LOVING IT!!!

Man you guys... this week has been SO EXCITING! =D I finally feel like I am mostly adjusted to the mission schedule! Getting upat 6:30am is getting easier and I actually have a little desire to workout in the morning haha That is saying a lot because running is the last thing I want to do that early in the morning!

I'm becoming more comfortable with teaching! I will not lie to any of you... There have been many times where I wondered if I could do this. A mission is the perfect way to expose and magnify any weakness you may have BUT a mission is also THE BEST way to see the Lord working in your life. I know for a fact that I would not have lasted the past 2 months if it was not for Him. I have seen, not to mention experienced, how we can grow and change through Jesus Christ.

Faith is something that has been drilled into my head over the past few weeks. Faith in Jesus Christ, Faith in His Atonement, Faith that He can help/heal me/you/us... Faith, faith, faith! Everything is based on faith! It is so difficult to hand the day over to the Lord (which is VERY surprising to me) We study in the morning, prepare for our lessons... but we still need to hand everything over to Him. I learned this yesterday when a lesson I was in took a different direction than we anticipated. It was so scary because I had no idea how to  handle it.. BUT He did =) Thankfully the lesson went super well and we are going to temple square with them on Saturday! All I had to do was have faith and the words came to me =)

I had my first exchange this week! Another faith encouraging experience! There is nothing more terrifying than having to take over an area! I kept thinking that I would somehow screw up and burn down my area hahaha But Sister Bowman, my Sister Training Leader, said I am doing very well! =)

Thankfully, I actually have people to update you on so here we go! =D

Chris C is a less active I am working with who is planning on going on a mission. Over this past week he has started to live the missionary schedule! Woah! And he attended mission prep class yesterday morning! He is growing in the gospel and enjoying every moment of it! There is nothing better than to see someones light grow day by day and moment by moment! 

Calvin is a recent convert who has not been to church for a few weeks. We have been trying to meet with, but our scheduled never seemed to mesh... until Wednesday. During exchanges we had an open schedule. And for my area that is SO STRANGE. We randomly get a text from him saying we could visit and we took the opportunity. I KNOW that we had an open schedule because we needed to visit him. It turns out that a few Elders that he knew have been, shall we say, not been keeping their covenants since they have returned home and it rocked his testimony BIG TIME. It was an amazing experience to talk to him, and to work out his concerns and worries. The best part is he attend church yesterday =)

Profie Martinez! Man, this guy is AMAZING! He was baptized about 3 years ago but due to a few uncontrollable situations and a few bad choices he fell away... until yesterday! Sister Okano and I were walking down the hall of our stake building when we noticed this guy we didn't know. After we stopped to talk to him we found out that it was his first day back to church in almost 1 year. He told us his story and it was a touching experience. He is making a life change that I am so thankful to be part of =)

Life is great! I love being a missionary! I love Christ and His gospel! There is nothing better! I am so thankful for each of you and your prayers! I can feel them every day! Never doubt that each of you have touched my life =)

2 months down a little more than 16 months to go! See you all soon! I love you!
Sister Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment