Monday, January 6, 2014

Transfer calls are in! Hello from....

HOLLADAY UTAH! Both Sister Okano and I are staying! WHOOP WHOOP! We were so excited we open a bottle of sparkling cider and celebrated! We are not 100% sure what is going on with the Spanish sisters that live with us, so we may or may not be getting another sister in our apartment. Who knows =)

HAPPY 2014 TO EVERYONE!!! How was your new years? Did anyone stay up and watch the ball drop? I can safely that my new years was just another normal day! We visited a family who is just now coming back to church and watched Mormom Messages. It was a good time! Lots of snacks and lots of great conversation!

Updates on Less Actives and RECENT CONVERTS!

Mike, the grave yard guy, has been completely off the radar for a while! He didn't show up to a lesson which is not like him. He ALWAYS calls to let us know if he can not make it. Needless to say I was very worried. This lasted well over a week! Well, yesterday evening came and every lesson and every back up didn't answer. We were a little confused and didn't know what to do... so we started walking. And out of the corner of my eye I see a car in the cemetery.... We stop. It's Mike! It was amazing! We could tell he has been crying =( He told us that he deliberately wanted to be alone during the Holidays so he would not be reminded of what he does not have anymore. It was good for him to get everything off of His chest because he seemed more receptive to the message we gave. The Plan of Salvation is so powerful.

Layne, our recent convert, got his temple recommend yesterday! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! After his interview he found Sister Okano and I and expresses his excitement to go in the temple! He is amazing! Such a rock star!

Chris (I do not think I have introduced him yet) is a less active who has started to come back to church! Not only that... he WANTS to learn more about the church. It is amazing! One of his coworkers, who is not LDS, asked him what our beliefs are and he didn't know... It upset him but he immediately called us and started taking lessons so he knows how to talk about the gospel. But is that it? Nay I say unto you, nay! HE WANTS TO GO ON A MISSION!!! WHOOP WHOOP! Only a week ago he was working toward joining the marine corp! But now... he will be going on a mission! OOOHH YEAAH!

Lily (new) is a recent convert who just moved into our ward! She is from China! So teaching her is fun =) We watch a lot of videos in mandarin. It's funny! A lot of these video I have never seen so I really have NO idea what is going on haha But it is a good time! This is a great way to learn, or be forced, to listen to the spirit!

The Marburger family! This family has a soft spot in my heart! The mom is active and the husband is not active. We are starting to more regularly have an FHE with them. The mission presidents wife join us for one this week! THAT WAS A MIRACLE! The husband does not seem to like us =( He does not look, talk or acknowledge us at all! But Sister Eberhardt somehow, in her amazing way, got him to join in the lesson! Brother Marburger shock our hands on the way out! =D Blessings! Blessings from the Lord!

As for me? This week has been a week of personal learning and growing. I have learned that I do not hand over the day to the Lord. In the past weeks I thought I did... but I have not. Needless to say, I have SO MUCH to learn and I just have to take it day by day =)

I love you all! Ya'll are amazing! I miss your B-E-A-U-tiful faces! Keep in touch!

WARM, key work, WARM regards,
Sister Kent

P.s. some of your have asked... my mailing address is


Letter are welcomed =)

No comments:

Post a Comment