Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas from Utah!

Hello everyone!

So much happened this week so lets jump right into it!

A MAJOR miracle happened on Tuesday! We were trying to visit a few families in an apartment complex we cover but we were not getting any success. Sister Okano and I were determined to FIND SOMEONE so we knock on a door of a referral =) A young girl, around 22 I would guess, opens the door and looks upset. We were unsure at first if it's because of personal stuff or if she doesn't like missionaries. After talking to her for a few mins when she invites us into her home. We offered to share a scripture with her and between the time we get out Book of Mormon out and look back up at her... she is BAWLING! She then begins to tell us that she is going through a SUPER rough time and JUST MOMENTS before we knocked on her door she has knelt down a prayed (for the first time in years) and asked Heavenly Father for help!

This is such a spiritually moment there are NO WORDS! And a second miracle stems from this. Over the past week, I have been really thinking hard about the "I am a Disciple of Christ" thing and I have been having a hard time believing it in my heart. It's so different to know something than to believe it in your heart. BUT after that lesson I could not help but think that yeah... Heavenly Father IS preparing people for me to teach and to bring the Gospel of Christ into their lives. And I am a Disciple of Christ =)

A story about charity! My roommates are the Spanish sister! They came home Saturday to tell us about a family who has nothing. Nothing. They got a Christmas tree from the dumpster and will have no presents under the it this year. We wanted to do something but didn't know 100% what to do. We tried to daily plan but kept going back to this family. So, yesterday we decided to bring Christmas to them! We all went through our things and gave anything that could pass as a Christmas gift. An empty journal, some slightly use jewelry, slightly used crayons... Anything. Also, during Wal-Mart we are planing on buying a coloring book and a few small toys. We will be giving them the gift on Christmas day.

Now, I wanted to include this story because the reason behind Christmas was just SOLIDIFIED in me. This family had NOTHING and did not care. They had to walk MILES as a family in the icy cold weather just to attend a ward Christmas party and they did not care. This family was just thankful to have the message of Christ in their life.

This Christmas reason I challenge all of you to find someone and share the gospel with them. This is a gift that will last for eternity. All of our earthly material things are temporary and really do not matter. What matters is our relationship with Heavenly Father and sharing what we know with everyone we come in contact with.

Now, this does not mean you need a name tag. The BEST way to share the gospel is to live it and carry the light of Christ with you. I promise it works. I run into many people who "have tried" the church or "have no interest". BUT every time I KNOW, without a doubt, that they could feel the spirit we carried with us. And that spirit is the spirit that touched lives and softens their heart.

Last week was difficult, and this week I already know will be difficult. I am away from all of you and I am beyond busy. Our week is already planned busy. However we all know who we can find refuge in and that is Christ.

If you see a homeless person on the street, or know of family in need please stop. A blanket or some food can be the difference between just another day or feeling the spirit of Christ this season.

I love you all and miss you hardcore! Merry Christmas!

Sister Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment