Thursday, November 28, 2013

Hello from Holladay Utah!!!

Hello from Holladay Utah!!!
That is right everyone! Not only do I get an impromptu P-Day (even though no pants are involved) but my first area is in Holladay Utah! Thank goodness I am not on a bike! I am walking, however the area is tiny so it's not bad at all!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Know I am thankful for each and everyone of you and I wouldn't be out here for all your help!
The past week has been filled with many lows but my goodness the highs are OUTSTANDING! I left MTC Tuesday morning but man... saying goodbye to everyone in my zone was heartbreaking! There were tears involved and YES!! the Elders cried as well! It still blows my mind how in a matter of 12 days 8 people could become a family.
I had to say goodbye to my companion Sister Coleman and we bawled. I was so sad to see her go to someone else =[ Even thought it might have been a rough start we grew to TRULY love each other during the last few days. We even have our own special hand hug, hahaha!
My current companion is Sister Okano and she's wonderful! Guess what! We both have a love for LLAMA's! She is also Canadian! We became instant friends!
Not going to lie to any of you.... this is difficult work. Not so much what you are doing is difficult but the CONSTANTLY going is rigorous! Everyone I have met is fantastic! The members here LOVE missionaries. Like....LOOOOOOOOOOVEmissionaries. I called a member so I could borrow some bedding and not only did she bring me a blanket but she brought over boxes and bags of food!!!! AND FLOWERS! It's nuts!
Thus far I am still loving the mission. This morning was kinda hard because I feel so behind because I know so little in comparison to others =[ I know I shouldn't compare myself to others but it's difficult when I am struggling to put together 2 lessons for investigators and everyone else seems to have like 6 or 8.
Speaking of investigators, let me tell you about Mike. I LOOOVE him! He lost his wife and son a few years ago and still visits the grave everyday. That is actually where we teach him. Yep, a cemetery makes a lovely place to try and explain eternal families. He is so torn up about it (even years later) and my heart just breaks. Mike also brought us gloves yesterday! He LOVES us! He has been taught my other missionaries before but he told us he never liked them.
The mission president is AMAZING! His wife is also amazing! However they are self proclaimed obedience nazi's. Apparently some missionaries in the past screwed it up for all of us.
I GET TO GO TO BRING INVESTIGATORS TO TEMPLE SQUARE! NOT ONLY THANK BUT I GET TO GO TO THE TEMPLE 4 TIMES A YEAR!!!! WHHHHHHAAAAATTTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!?! I know I begged not to go to Utah for my mission but man.... I am thanking Heavenly Father everyday for this mission!
My address is:
4070 South 862 East
Alta Pines Apartments #44
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
So any letters or packages need to go to this address from this point forward =] I love you all and I hope you got all my letters!
In the spirit of Thanksgiving I will say this... I am thankful for all of you! I know I said this before but I would not be out here if it was not for all of you!  I am so thankfully for this Gospel and how it has completely changes my life into something better! Something I NEVER saw coming but I wouldn't change it for anything! Each of you have a very special place in my heart!
Warm Regards,
Sister Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment